Have you ever felt completely defeated by the idea of EATING HEALTHY or WORKING OUT? Well, I'm here to make it easier with some helpful hints and tid-bits I've learned thus far in my weight loss journey. I'm not the health food guru and I'm by no means a professional but I can share what has worked for me. I'll be sharing, real tips from a real person. I love GOOD FOOD and I'm still eating REALLY GOOD food everyday!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Eggplant Bake - 25 Minute Prep/15 Minute Bake

Here we go... my first recipe sharing. This meal is tremendously easy and really YUMMY! Only 375 calories per serving!
Ingredients
1 medium Eggplant
1/2 sweet onion
Cheap Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio Wine
Barilla Sauce (whichever one you like)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 slices Colby Jack Cheese
Whole Wheat Pasta

1. Wash and cut eggplant into 1/2 inch slices. Also, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Turn on burner to Medium Heat. (I put the burner on #7) Chop onions and add to the skillet with 1/2 cup wine. Let onions cook until they soften.

3. Once the onions are softened add another 1/2 cup wine and add eggplant a top the onions. Layer the eggplant so it doesn't stack on top of each other. Medium skillet will hold about 8 slices at a time. Cook until browned and then flip.

 

4. Once flipped and cooked. Remove and place in glass pan. Pour a small amount of sauce to the bottom of the glass pan. Lay 6 eggplant pieces on top of the sauce. Repeat steps 2-3 again to cook the remaining eggplant.
Add 1/2 the shredded cheese and one slice of Colby Jack Cheese cut in half. Lay the sliced cheese, one on each side, and then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top of this layer. Once the other batch of eggplant is cooked, just keep layering. Add sauce to each layer. Once the layers are completed top with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with shredded cheese.


5. Place in pre-heated oven. This will take about 15 minutes or until the cheese on top is melted. Once added to the oven, boil water and prepare your whole wheat pasta.


6. Add about a tablespoon of Olive Oil to the cooked pasta. Stir and serve about 3/4 cup cooked pasta to each serving. Slice the Eggplant Bake and place on top of the pasta. And sprinkle with a dab of Parmesan cheese.

(FINAL PRODUCT!!! Yummy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment